Beraltors is an indie Metroidvania, that focuses around collecting monsters called "Beraltors". Your father has been kidnapped by a big, bad dude. That's not good, you want to hug him and feel his warm chest against your skin. Only problem is you are a pathetic idiot and the bad guy is a perfect muscular specimen. You will need to use Beraltors to rescue your dad!
There are loads of Beraltors in Beraltors, over 70 playable ones, and each Beraltor is a little different. You will need to collect a bunch of Beraltors in order to explore the world, save your pops, and beat the bad man. With a zany hand-drawn art style and a confusing, deranged world, Beraltors is an experience of refined madness that is fun for the whole gang.
Beraltors was created over 4 years by me, Rory Evenson-Phair. It was quite a herculean effort to create every aspect of the game, but somehow I got the game done. I taught myself how to program and create the game using Google and Youtube . Earlier in my life I was an artist and I hand-drew all the art assets in the game in my ball point pen style. My goal with Beraltors was to create a game I had never played before. I took took some familiar concepts and merged it with my art to create a monster. Beraltors is like petting a hairless dog, it feels kind of good, feels kind of wrong, but in the end, you are glad you tried it.
- Over 70 different playable Beraltors, each with their own unique animations, stats and abilities.
- An absurd story of wizards, Beraltors and dads, with around 10 - 20 hours of gameplay.
- An Elemental system that encourages a diverse use of Beraltors.
- Play Co-op with a second player.
- Over 70 different attacks with varying effects. Explosions, poisons, teleportation, and a variety of other things.
- An art style based on hand-drawn, ball point pen artwork.
- In town you can buy items, hire buddies to fight with you, gamble, rescue ghosts, upgrade attacks, hunt bunties and more.
- Supports Gamepad controller.